Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Nobody wants me to succeed.

I remember sitting in a Starbucks working on a drawing of the interior and being aware of an overwhelming feeling that nobody cared what I was doing, didn't want me to learn anything about drawing, wasn't going to follow up on anything I did, and in general found the notion that I was doing my best to be a good artist totally ludicrous. I couldn't maintain my focus. And this wasn't a temporary feeling. It was with me constantly. How the hell am I supposed to be a success when this kind of nonsense is going on. Sorry, but I don't accept the Mafia's pronouncement that I haven't done my part. I got the show at a different Starbucks, despite all this opposition, and then nobody bought anything. I dont know. Seems like they're not backing me up when I do make an advance. What the hell is wrong with them?