Saturday, September 5, 2009

more on the blackball

Sometime in 1984, 85, or 86, when I was a resident at the Parker Street Shelter in the State Services Building in Boston, MA, I was told by a woman named Patricia, who was the girlfriend of my friend Irving Kinsley, a former U.S. military officer, "Someone who didn't know did something terrible." The look on her face when she said that was serious and dumbfounded. I didn't reply and that was all she said.

Previously, she had said to me, "Who is the leader I heard about around here?" or words to that effect. I replied, "What more of a leader do you need than me?"

The morning of Christmas eve, 1985, at Parker Street, Irving said to me that he saw me on tv the previous night. The only videotape I had ever made had been in 1983 at the New York University Catholic Center adjacent to Washington Square Park in Manhattan, New York City, NY.

"Something terrible" would correspond with a blackball.