Sunday, September 20, 2009

More traditional art now on sidebar.

Today I have placed on the sidebar, just below the section on English transformation art, two recent works of mine which are more traditional in nature. The medium is colored pencil and the color choices were augmented by a calculator with a program I wrote to shuffle items randomly. Below these pictures and the commentary is a Paypal button to purchase a copy of the program.

To facilitate the random color choice, I constructed a rack out of heavy paper with eighteen coves, numbered three ways, 1) 1-18; 2) 1-9, two sets, and 3) 1-6, three sets. This permits me to keep separate sets of related colors on my "easel," either two sets or three sets, and have them all numbered from one to permit use of the calculator to shuffle them.

You can judge for yourself the effects that can be gotten with this program by looking at the pictures there in the sidebar.