Friday, November 7, 2008

my day at S.C.O.R.E.

Thursday I had a conference at the service corps of retired executives. Marvin listened to my business plan and opined that there's no money in it, I'll never make a living doing it. He may be right. He suggested I go ahead with it, no harm in that, but it's a hobby, not a business. I don't know, I think there will always be people who aren't technically inclined who could benefit from what a computer can do and just need someone to do it for them, provided it isn't too expensive. Maybe that's the key factor--the cost. If i can't charge enough to hire people to do it then he's right it isn't a business. I need to make enough to afford to get married, but not immediately. There's a lot of inertia I have to overcome first. Mental illness has not been kind to me. On the other hand, I have the time, best to use it to come up with some plans to make a living. I don't like the idea of being employed by someone. Too much vacuous chitchat involved in it. We'll see....